So you went to the career fair and already sent your follow-up email. Now what?
- Update and polish your LinkedIn profile
LinkedIn is a great way to showcase your skills, accomplishments, and your ability to stay connected. If you are contacting recruiters, professors, old family friends, or whomever, make sure that your profile is up to date and reflects who you are as a professional. Visit the Center for Career Development for tips.
- Make updates to your résumé
If you met with an employer or recruiter and received any feedback on your résumé, now is the time to make those updates while they are still fresh in your mind. Follow up with a walk-in résumé critique at Wilbur Cross room 202 M-F 10:00am-5:00pm.
- Practice your interview skills
Practice interviews are crucial to job search success and the worst place to practice is in an interview for a position that you REALLY want. Visit the Center for Career Development to schedule an in-person practice interview experience.
- Reflect on your experience at the career fair
While the experience is still fresh, reflect on how it went.
- Was I prepared?
- Was I comfortable networking?
- Was I able to deliver my elevator pitch?
- Did I learn something about myself?
- Did I learn something about an employer?
- What went well?
- What would I do differently?