The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a program that connects college students and recent graduates with disabilities to employers across the nation for summer internship and full-time jobs. Students must be registered and have their application completed by October 17, 2016 in order to participate in the program.
There are some great videos on YouTube about the WRP program. The WRP Success FDIC video may be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dayuKkoBkFU&feature=youtu.be&list=PLAD16B1074529C7A3 and WRP Success The Pentagon You Tube Video may be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-CX6_Y4jGY&feature=youtu.be&list=PLAD16B1074529C7A3
To qualify, an eligible candidate:
- Must have an intellectual disability, severe physical disability, or psychiatric disability which makes the candidate eligible to use the
- Schedule A hiring authority (see explanation in the Schedule A Checklist for Candidates)
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be a current, full-time, degree-seeking, post-secondary student, unless they are taking a reduced course load due to a disability OR are in their final semester.
- Individuals who met the preceding requirements while enrolled, but have graduated within one year of the release of the database each December, are also eligible. For the 2016 WRP release, interviews will be held in the fall of 2016. Eligible candidates may also be alumni who have graduated no later than April 2015.
To register, please go to https://wrp.gov/registerstudent. Please complete this registration process as soon as possible since I must approve you online before you can continue to complete your online application and upload your resume and transcript. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be eligible to participate in the WRP. The items that need to be obtained and/or completed by you and submitted prior to the interview are:
- Resume (Required)
- College Transcript- official or unofficial (Required)
- Schedule A Letter (Suggested ) (information regarding what a Schedule A letter is may be found at https://wrp.gov/PublicViewDocumentListPre.do)
- Any additional supporting documents (Optional)
Please contact Laura Evangelista at email@example.com if you have any questions.