Do you have questions about life after graduation? Adulting can be hard, but don’t worry we can help!
On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 from 6:00 – 9:00 PM the Center for Career Development is hosting “Beyond UConn, Transitioning to Life after Graduation,” a conference for students graduating from UConn (both undergraduate and graduate) designed to provide assistance in the world of transitioning to life after college (a.k.a. adulting).
Conference sessions will include:
- Panel: “First 90 Days, what I wish I knew”
- Navigating the Offer: Help students understand how to interpret a benefits package, negotiate salary and/or compensation, balance multiple offers, and politely accept or decline an offer.
- Managing a Personal Budget: Help students understand how to develop a personal budget, prioritize budget items, manage discretionary income, apply for and manage credit cards, and have a fundamental understanding and expectation of taxes, necessities and student loan repayment.
- Making the Move: Help students understand important aspects of living independently or relocating. Students will develop a greater understanding of exploring housing options, how to sign a lease, evaluating transportation needs, and the essentials of auto and renters insurance.
- Communicating in the Workplace: Share the basics of professional communication etiquette: including emails, meetings, and presentations.
Register TODAY: career.uconn.edu/beyonduconn
Wednesday, April 12, 2017