Do you have a product or technology you are hoping to launch? If so, you’re in luck! Accelerate UConn’s Spring 2020 Cohort application is closing soon but there’s still time!
Accelerate UConn is UConn’s National Science Foundation (NSF) Innovation Corps (I-Corps) Site. Its mission is to catalyze the transition of new scientific discoveries and capabilities from the lab to the marketplace. Participating teams will receive an introduction to the most critical elements of the I-Corps Curriculum and Lean Launchpad methodology. Over the course of 7 weeks, teams will learn how to determine the market opportunity for their product or technology.
Participant will learn how to:
- Construct an evidence-based business model and market entry strategy
- Develop new ways to communicate the value of your product or technology
- Develop strategies for generating demand for your product or technology
- Present product information in a concise and effective manner
- Identify revenue streams
- Develop and discover a customer base
- Identify next steps needed to launch your venture
Teams will receive:
- 7 weeks of training on the Business Model Canvas and Customer Discovery Process
- Coaching from industry experts and access to next step resources
- $3,000 to support customer discovery and development of minimum viable product
- Support in identifying team members
Accelerate UConn is a great way to give your ideas some structure and to explore the market. Participant testimonials show that regardless of if their idea or technology took off, Accelerate UConn educated them on the process of designing, marketing, and financing a product. Additionally, the experience improved their confidence in giving presentations and networking with other professionals.
Accelerate UConn is open to all university faculty and students.
The submission of an application is required for participation. All applications will be reviewed by an independent panel of experienced entrepreneurs and subject area experts according to an objective set of criteria. The deadline for the spring 2020 cohort is January 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
For more information, contact: Jennifer Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org