Launch your business in this 8-week entrepreneurial experience!
Apply to the CCEI Summer Fellowship Program!
The top ten startups from across the University are selected to participate in the Summer Fellowship experience. This program takes place 3 days a week over 8 weeks where participants develops the skills needed to bring new products, services, and technologies to market. Each team receives one-on-one coaching and mentorship from industry experts and experienced entrepreneurs. Teams are provided with probono legal and accounting services to help with initial business setup and support.
Summer Fellowship is UConn’s startup accelerator program and is an immersive entrepreneurial experience open to anyone affiliated with UConn (students, faculty, staff and alumni). Summer Fellowship is CCEI’s flagship program and has prepared startups to launch their company, generate revenue, raise funding (grants, investments, etc.), and be accepted into next step opportunities such as incubators and accelerator programs.
Teams pursuing high-potential ventures who have formed through participation in other UConn entrepreneurship programs are encouraged to apply.
Accepted teams receive:
- Up to $15,000 in startup funding per team
- Dedicated one-on-one mentorship
- Professional legal, accounting services, and marketing and branding services
- Connections to alumni entrepreneurs, community partners and industry professionals
- Professional co-working and meeting space
Participants spend 3 days per week over 8 weeks in the summer learning and strengthening skills in market analysis, brand management, marketing, sales strategy, financing strategies and more. Although there is no academic credit associated with Summer Fellowship, students who go through the program are able to receive a $5,000 scholarship to participate.
Want to be involved but don’t have an idea? Join a startup team!
This opportunity is open to undergraduate and graduate students who wish to be paired to a Summer Fellowship team as an Entrepreneurial Lead (EL). Teams who express a need or interest for ELs will be matched with candidates through this application process.
Being an Entrepreneurial Lead (EL) requires:
- Attending and representing their team for the duration of the 8 week program (3 days per week, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Leading the entrepreneurial efforts associated with each weekly topic and be prepared to do a 5 or 10-minute presentation each week on the insights and progress made during this process to the rest of the cohort, and program instructors
- Spending time outside of scheduled hours working with other members of the team (team leads, team members and mentors) to update on the progress made in Summer Fellowship
- Working closely with team for direction and guidance throughout the progression of the program
Applications for the Summer 2020 cohort are now open! Application deadline: March 1, 2020
Only complete applications will be considered. This application will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of both internal and external members of CCEI.
If you have any questions please contact CCEI by emailing: email@example.com.