Did you know employers often offer scholarship opportunities for select student groups?
Raytheon Technologies is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. The company was formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, and is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
For the 2021-2022 academic year, Raytheon is offering six scholarship opportunities! They will be awarding four scholarships to high achieving students who are members of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) and two scholarships to high achieving students who are members of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE). The recipients of each scholarship will also be provided with the opportunity to interview for Summer 2022 internship opportunities.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Raytheon Technologies Scholarships:
- U.S. citizen at the time of application
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Classification status for Fall 2021 must be sophomore or junior
- Pursuing a degree in a STEM or STEM-related field
- Must be an NSBE or SHPE member at the time of application
- Have an interest in working in the aerospace & defense industry
Raytheon Technologies Essay Requirements
Applicants are required to select and respond to only one (1) prompt below. The response must be a minimum of 250 words and no more than 500.
- Describe a facet of your identity, background, or story that is essential to who you are.
- We have just been informed that we can now safely inhabit Mars. As a future engineer, how/what would you contribute to the setup?
- Write about a problem that you have solved or want to solve. It can be as big or as small as you can think of! Explain why this problem was significant and what solution you implemented or proposed.
More information can be found here:
NSBE Scholarship – https://apply.nsbe.org/
SHPE Scholarship – https://www.shpe.org/students/scholarshpe
*Search for Raytheon Technologies under opportunities on each site.