Thank you for your interest in partnering with the Center for Career Development (CCD). Emily Merritt, Career Consultant for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS), is available to collaborate on new ideas, share resources, and help CLAS faculty and staff in supporting students. While CLAS students are able to meet with any of our consultants for career counseling, Emily’s role is to specifically serve as a liaison between the CCD department and the CLAS faculty and staff. Please feel free to email or call Emily with any questions; Emily.email@example.com, 860-486-3616.
This webpage provides an overview of the tailored resources available to CLAS students through the Center for Career Development, and opportunities for CLAS faculty and staff to partner with our office. Additional resources for supporting students can be found on our main Faculty & Staff Webpage.
CLAS Career Resources
- CLAS Alumni Career Advisor Program
- CLAS Career Panels and Industry Conversations
- CLAS Majors to Career Guide
- What Can I Do With My Major Pages
- UConn CLAS LinkedIn Group
How You Can Partner with the Center for Career Development
Refer students to see a Career Consultant:
- All students start by attending a brief 15 minute walk-in consultation with a career consultant. (Monday-Friday, 12-4pm, Wilbur Cross Room 202, Front Desk: 860-486-3013)
Request a presentation for a class or club through our presentation request form.
Sign up for CCD Career Alerts to be kept up to date on upcoming events and program:
- Go to CCD Webpage; Click on “Student Sign Up” in upper-right corner and select preferences.
To request or learn more about any of the following, email Emily at Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have a CCD representative present to faculty and staff at your department meeting.
- Partner with the CCD to expand career resources on department’s website.
- Write a Guest Blog on the CCD website or be interviewed for a “Major Spotlight Blog Post.”
- Have an employer present a case study to one of your classes, club, or learning community.
- Refer alumni volunteers for panels, networking events, and blog spotlights.
- Post a career related event to the CCD calendar.