The Career Leadership Experience (CLE) prepares undergraduate students to discover and articulate the value of the career competencies desired by employers hiring UConn graduates (NACE Career Competencies). Through this program, you will explore your values, skills, interests, and personality as they relate to the career development process. This program will initiate self-reflection and empower you to continue your career leadership journey throughout your academic and professional career.
Each week, you will participate in modules and complete corresponding activities. All workshops will be available via HuskyCT (Blackboard) and must be completed within the weeks’ timeframe. All applicants must commit to the entire 3-week program. Some sessions will be live but each session will be available as a recording.
Upon completion of the Career Leadership Experience, you will receive a certificate of accomplishment and be able to add this experience to your résumé or CV.
Program Timeframe: Monday, June 6, 2022 – Sunday, June 26, 2022
Application Deadline: Thursday, May 19, 2022
- Complete a career readiness self-assessment
- Complete a/the StrengthsFinder leadership assessment and training
- Prepare an elevator pitch with an employer
- Request and participate in an informational interview
- Learn interviewing techniques
- Develop or refine a LinkedIn profile
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Oral and written communication
- Professionalism and work ethic
- Career management
- Global perspective
- Continue to develop skills that apply to your future career and that employers value
- Learn about your leadership style and how to effectively work with others
- Network with employers, peers and career coaches
- Add this experience to your résumé and learn how to talk about it in an interview
- Receive a certificate of completion for your portfolio
CRITERIA TO APPLY:
- Must commit to the entire 3-week program
- Undergraduate students only
- No GPA requirement
- Open to all campuses
- Must complete the program application in its entirety
*If you require an accommodation to participate in this program, please contact the Center for Career Development at (860) 486-3013 or email@example.com.