This award is granted to a current graduate student who had an internship during their graduate program, occurring for a minimum of 8 weeks, between the Fall 2018 and Fall 2019 semesters. This means that a summer 2019 internship is also eligible.
- Past Graduate Student Intern of the Year award winners are not eligible to apply.
- You must currently be in good standing with the University.
- Complete the online application which includes a one-page, single spaced essay addressing the following three learning themes:
- Identify ways that you applied your graduate program academic learning/training to your internship role and responsibilities;
- Share a couple of examples of what you gained from this experience (might include skills developed, knowledge acquired, new perspectives) and why these are important you;
- Connect what this experience means to you as you move ahead with your academic and/or career pursuits.
- Upload your résumé or CV that includes your internship.
- Request that your internship supervisor email a letter of support, no more than 1-page, to email@example.com by 11:59p.m. on Sunday, December 1, 2019, specifically addressing the significance of your contributions to the workplace, team, and/or project. Indicate that they should put “Graduate Student Intern of the Year and your name” in the subject line.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Application deadline: Applications must be completed (student and supervisor components) by 11:59pm on Sunday, December 1, 2019. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.