Utilize your skills to improve people’s lives.
ACL is searching for an energetic, self-motivated Clinical Laboratory Scientist Group Lead to join our dynamic team.
- Location: OGH
- Shift: 2nd
- 37.5 hours/week
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation
- Shift differential
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Paid-Time-Off
- Corporate Bonus Program
As a professional Clinical Laboratory Scientist your job responsibilities and duties will include:
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all principle duties of a Medical Technologist I and II.
- In the absence of the supervisor, performs necessary supervisory functions.
- Assist in supervising assigned Medical Technologist, Technicians, and Laboratory Assistants by monitoring work flow to meet testing schedules; distributing and reviewing work assignments; training employees in laboratory techniques; resolving work related problems of staff; and providing input for performance appraisals and disciplinary actions.
- Train departmental employees on techniques, procedures, and company policy.
- Works with supervisor to head up the validation of new procedures.
- Reviews QA and QC records when applicable.
- Ability to have input into the hiring process.
- Serve as a technical resource for the unit by investigating and resolving analytical testing problems, recommending a course of action in instances identified as beyond acceptable limits, and responding to non-routine/complex inquiries and/or requests from clients and sales representatives.
- Expedites the flow of work to maximize productive capacity by evaluating production systems and recommending enhancements and coordinating the resolution of production problems/issues involving other laboratory departments.
- Review unit activities to ensure compliance with departmental policies and federal, state and local regulations.
- Review requests for validity checks and recommend an appropriate course of action taking into account the limitations of specimen requirements and the effects of time and the quality of additional and/or repeat testing.
- Assist with the department’s annual competency testing process and documentation.
- Interact in a professional manner with inter-departmental teams and groups.
- Assist with the submission of proficiency testing.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. + CLS, MLS or MT Certification, NYS Registered; Licensed to work independently
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- General laboratory techniques
- In-depth understanding of operating practices and polices
- Comfortable using medical technologies and lab equipment
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and irregular hours as needed
ACL and our highly trained Clinical Laboratory Scientist team have worked with physicians and hospitals for over 30 years and we understand that in order to provide the best treatment possible, you will need access to the best medical testing and analysis. We strive to live up to our reputation to provide the highest quality and most efficient medical laboratory services to medical providers and patients in the communities we serve.
For New York Applicants click on the link below and read.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.