Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek —- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Research Laboratories is seeking a Scientist who is excited about advancing live-cell analysis capabilities through the development of novel assays and methodologies. The successful candidate will identify and pursue advancements as part of an innovative multidisciplinary team, contributing their expertise in immunology, cancer biology, and cell analysis assay design to develop products that will have a tangible impact on advancing the next generation of research and diagnostics in key areas such as cancer and other complex diseases.
We are looking for your talent and expertise in immunology, immuno-oncology, and assay design to create break-throughs in measurement and analysis of biological systems; to invent, develop and test new methods for future Agilent platforms, and, to this end, establish and lead strategic collaborations between Agilent Labs and external researchers to validate and proliferate these novel methods. As part of this effort, the candidate will communicate progress and results to management and technical leadership, to selected external organizations, and when appropriate, to the general scientific community via presentations at scientific conferences and peer-reviewed publications.
Agilent is the best-in-class laboratory partner for a better world. We provide instruments, reagents and consumables, software and applications expertise to life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide. You can learn more about Agilent, the markets it serves and Agilent Laboratories at http://www.agilent.com/about/companyinfo/index.html
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Immunology, Immuno-Oncology, or Cancer Biology, plus 2-3 years post-doctoral experience (academic or industrial).
- Expertise in primary cell culture, cell preparation, and cell analysis.
- Deep expertise in cell preparation methods including intracellular/extracellular staining for flow cytometry and imaging analysis.
- Expertise in flow cytometry, live-cell imaging, and high content screening plate-based analyses.
- Clear understanding of multicolor panel design and optical filter selection, fluorescence, and detection as they relate to cell analysis – Hands-on experience with establishing new and novel protocols and techniques for cell analysis.
- Proven success advancing the state-of-art of cell analysis and its application to the forefront of cell biology as evidenced, for example, by high profile peer-reviewed publications, patents or invited talks.
- Proven successful collaborative research projects with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical expertise.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Desired Qualifications: – Knowledge of cell metabolism assays is a strong plus. – Experience with 3D cell culture.
- Expertise growing and analyzing challenging cell types.
- Knowledge of modern fluorescent and dye-based labeling and detection technologies. – Experience in analyzing cell signaling pathways,
- Hands-on experience working with and characterizing many different types of biomolecules, including proteins, peptides, glycans, lipids, and oligonucleotides.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.