Overview of Alzheimer’s Association
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Connecticut Chapter is located in Southington, Connecticut though many tasks can be completed virtually.
Walk To End Alzheimer’s: College Recruitment
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the largest annual fundraising and public awareness event for the Alzheimer’s Association. Each fall, seven Walks are held in Connecticut. The intern would be responsible for connecting with local colleges and universities, recruiting teams and participants, building a WTEA College committee and work with CT and New England regional development staff to initiate a “College Cup Challenge.” We would like this person to come on board in the summer and fall term 2021 to complete the Walk Season that ends 12/31/21.
· Outreach to college groups (Greek, clubs, athletics, academic) to encourage participation in Walk.
· Assist with logistics planning for event, how to have college students involved.
· Create a plan to recognize and incentivize students to join the Walk.
· Coach College team leaders for fundraising.
· Assist with additional Walk to End Alzheimer’s tasks.
· Knowledge of Google Suite and/ or Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable with database work.
· Desktop publishing skills including experience with Microsoft Publisher or Canva is preferable.
· Flexibility and willingness to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed.
· Ability to handle many projects at one time.
· Outgoing, energetic personality.
· Interest in special events and fundraising a plus.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.