American Museum Of Natural History
Senior Coordinator, Donor Relations
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations, the Senior Coordinator supports the Institutional Advancement department with the production of a wide variety of fundraising and stewardship materials. Working with other members of the Donor Relations team and staff across the Museum, the Senior Coordinator drafts major and principal gift stewardship reports; donor correspondence; appeals and acknowledgement letters; and other materials, such as funding opportunities, brochure copy, or newsletters. The Senior Coordinator also manages the production of donor acknowledgement letters and provides support for other Donor Relations activities, as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working with the Donor Relations Director and the Donor Relations team, drafts, and prepares materials for donors, such as reports, correspondence, and solicitations.
• Coordinates and performs outreach for reporting; develops and maintains Museum-wide relationships to identify reporting content, including narrative and financial information.
• Writes, copyedits, and proofreads major and principal gift stewardship reports.
• Writes, copyedits, and proofreads cover letters, appeals, proposals, and other development-related communications; coordinates with Development colleagues to identify and confirm content.
• Provides writing support and copyediting for other development materials, including funding opportunities, brochures, newsletters, and other items as needed.
• Working with the Director, and coordinating with the Development team, ensures timely acknowledgement of Individual, Event, and Annual Fund gifts by managing the production of acknowledgement letters, including running and maintaining acknowledgement systems and tools, such as Raiser’s Edge queries and mail merges, Excel tracking tools, and electronic and physical letter circulation and review procedures.
• Supports ongoing Donor Relations efforts, including coordinating mailings, producing gifts for donors, and other special projects. Provides additional support to the Director of Donor Relations and the Senior Director of Development and Campaign, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 3+ years of related work experience.
• Superb writing, editing, and proofreading skills with the ability to describe complex scientific information in clear, compelling language and present concise rationales for philanthropy.
• Ability to easily change writing styles to fit audience and voice.
• Careful attention to detail.
• Exceptional organizational, analytical, planning, and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Willingness to take initiative.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Staff Institutional Advancement events in the evening, as needed
• Fluency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge, or a similar product, is preferred.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/1593193
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.