Entry Level IT Release Specialist – Remote (Corporate Information Systems Department)
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to turn your IT expertise into customer solutions?
The feeling is mutual.
Amica is seeking an IT Release Specialist who will perform all duties necessary to implement and manage the release process for the progression of code throughout test and production environments. You would join a fast paced team that focuses on process automation, system modernization and cloud implementation. If you enjoy challenging work and expanding your skill set, please apply.
- Perform all duties as directed by higher level staff necessary to implement and manage the release process for the progression of code throughout test and production environments.
- Attend change management and deployment planning meetings to assist with the collection of data and information pertaining to the release.
- Document and communicate changes for a release to affected parties and coordinates communication during and after deployment
- Assist in creating change requests for both regular and emergency changes and obtains appropriate approvals
- Maintain documentation of release processes and may assist in developing and maintaining standards for release implementation
- Conduct research and attends training to stay abreast of current and emerging change and configuration practices and internal control standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Java development experience and solid understanding of object oriented programming.
- Committed to continuous learning through training sessions, seminars and other avenues including but not limited to the immediate job.
- Ability to handle routine work independently and learn increasingly more complex work. This includes the needed functional/technical skills as well as the ability to appropriately problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the immediate team to gain details about planned work, report on completed work and suggest possible next steps. Is beginning to communicate across teams.
- Knowledge in Urban Code Deploy, Urban Code Release, Quickbuild, Splunk, Python, Powershell, and Groovy a plus.
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act.