IT Risk and Compliance Specialist
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
• Assume ongoing responsibility for sustaining process outcomes and leading the development, management and improvement of the IT risk practice.
• Partner with IT leadership, managers, and team members to ensure risk and compliance issues are identified, defined, communicated, and addressed.
• Monitor adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements and policies to ensure that the appropriate control environment is documented and tracked.
• Work with and support the development of the risk and compliance practice with IT management and leadership.
• Lead internal issue/event investigations, coordinating with risk owners, providing compliance recommendations.
• Audit and measure processes against industry standard frameworks and monitor processes for quality and compliance.
• Oversee the completion of self-certification and audit activities, including facilitation, coaching and quality assurance activities.
• Maintain project plans and assists with other project management deliverables. May help to ensure that projects are carried out according to plan. May lead minor initiatives and small projects.
• Support risk projects.
• Lead complex analysis, develops and generates KRIs/KPIs, validates compliance and develop actionable recommendations.
• Attend training and/or industry seminars as appropriate, to stay abreast of current technologies, trends and directions, specifically around industry best practices and standard frameworks.
• Utilize and maintain a depth understanding of applications and tools required for risk execution and reporting needs.
• Provide effective mentoring and guidance to other IT personnel and may assist in developing policy, standards and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience with IT Risk Management experience gained from working in financial services industry, preferably in Technology Risk or Operational Risk or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• In depth understanding of industry standard frameworks for process and their integrations with other best practices (Agile, DevOps,).
• Strong oral and written presentation skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Advanced knowledge of internal controls and risk self-assessment
• Knowledge of business processes and/or products and operations; regulatory requirements; and key processes, risks and controls
• Project management skills to support multiple complex assignments
• CISA, CRISC, CISM or relevant certifications a plus
• Ability to effectively break down, prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks independently regardless of complexity.
• Ability to identify challenges and risks to the completion of work along with communication of those with possible solutions to the appropriate personnel.
• Capable of managing large complex assignments and problem resolution with a focus on a successful outcome.
• Able to take control of difficult situations and handle them across both IT and business units effectively.
• Committed to continuous improvement as well as innovation.
• Obtains certifications relevant to the product and/or team.
Preferred Skills and Certifications:
• Familiarity with risk governance and audit frameworks, such as COBIT, ISO, ISACA
Perks And Benefits
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
• Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
• Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.
• Generous retirement benefits
• Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act.