The Barrington Media Group Operations department is looking for a savvy Software Engineer to join our growing team. The hire will be responsible for writing and maintaining code for data-driven applications, layered on the company’s data infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of SQL databases, Python scripts, and commonly used web application frameworks such as Django and React. The Software Engineer will support our initiatives for web development and play a key role in design and implementation. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even redesigning our company’s data-driven applications.
· Play a lead role in key data-driven applications/development projects, where the candidate will have to learn the BMG codebase, work on bug fixes, and write well-designed, testable code.
· Design, code, and debug applications in various software languages.
· Participate in the analysis and composition of requirements, design of architectural and component software features, design and implementation of system, test plan, and documentation of final product.
· Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
· Integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field.
· Knowledge and experience with commonly used Web Application frameworks such as Django, the Django-API, and front end frameworks like React.
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
· Strong attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills.
· Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Ability to manipulate, process, and extract value from large disconnected datasets.