At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Department of Plastic and Oral Surgery and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Patient Experience Representative will be responsible for:
Working with other team members to monitor the physicians’ clinical, operative, meeting, and personal schedule/calendar.
- Scheduling and registering patients for office visits and procedures.
- Obtaining and updating patient demographic, insurance and primary care/referring doctor information.
Physician and department liaison:
- Being the primary contact between the physician and patient families.
- Helping answer and resolving patient issues and concerns.
- Managing patient call volume; answering appointment requests and routing incoming calls to appropriate destination.
Preparing charts for physician’s clinics and checking patients in for various appointments.
Organizing all patient information; includes verifying insurance, obtaining required medical records and approved insurance referral authorizations on each patient. Promptly and accurately logging updated information.
Administrative tasks: Patient correspondence, distributing incoming mail, sorting and uploading outside notes and radiographs into the patient’s medical record. Processing patient paperwork and requests, assisting in letter writing, and helping out with various projects and tasks when needed.
To qualify, you must have:
- A high school level of educational development and one to two years of previous experience such as customer service, administrative, or experience in a health care setting.
- Bachelor’s degree and some previous experience in an office setting strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience, a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills and has the ability to provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- The Department of Plastic and Oral Surgery specializes in treating patients with cleft lip and palate, craniofacial anomalies, vascular anomalies, congenital hand/foot anomalies, breast disorders, and in providing services for various oral and maxillofacial needs.
- The Department is seeking a self-motivated individual who is looking to start a career in the health care field and enjoys working in a fun, fast paced, team environment!
- Anyone looking to start a career in the health care field is strongly encouraged to apply.
- Opportunity exists to learn and observe from physicians and health care administrators in all aspects of the health care profession.
***Please apply with a resume and a cover letter.***
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a flexible schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.