We are seeking to hire an entry level Software Engineer to join our Virtual CCAP, Cloud Platform team based at our corporate headquarters in Andover, MA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston, MA, USA. The Software Engineer position offers an opportunity to work with an experience team to design and develop software for Casa’s virtual-CCAP, NFV cloud platform, and open source development for remote PHY devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform analysis, design, development and test of software code for Remote PHY device according to CableLab specifications.
- Participate and contribute to the CableLab open source development effort.
- Be a contributing member of the Virtual CCAP, cloud platform team.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ to 5 years of related experience preferred.
- Basic experience programming in C/C++ and Python.
- Basic experience in designing, writing, and troubleshooting complex multi-threaded software on Linux.
- Basic software design skills with most common software architecture patterns, and object oriented design.
- Familiarity with messaging facilities, such as ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, or Google Protocol Buffer.
- Kubernetes and Docker experience to manage containerized applications is highly desired.
- Basic experience with debugging Linux kernel crashes and device drivers.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies, as required.
- Able to work in a diverse team and high-pressure environment.
- Problem solver – Resourceful and able to “figure things out.”
- Self-confident – Expresses opinions and influences effectively.
- Professional demeanor.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Andover, Massachusetts, United States