Summary of the role:
This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers, directories and domains. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment. This position will be based out of our Buffalo office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a single point of triage/contact for phone calls and emails from Centivo employees and partners.
- Provide level 1 and level 2 support and work with IT outsourced partner for level 3 support as appropriate.
- Work with outsourced IT partner to perform and manage system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Create, modify, and maintain Azure Active Directory group policies, and security permissions.
- Work with other functional IT areas to ensure that IT best practices, policies and procedures are practiced.
- Ensure the accessibility and availability of network resources (Servers, Firewalls, Wireless, E-mail systems, VPN appliances, etc.) are maintained.
- Maintain and manage Company’s local (LAN) and wide (WAN) area networks
- Administration of email system and network servers (new user accounts, security, etc.)
- Maintain and manage Company’s telecommunication systems
- Provide systems training and on-going end-user software support
- Install and maintain Information Systems assets
- Develop, maintain and enforce Information Systems policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain Information Systems documentation
- Stay abreast of technological developments to ensure that Company’s systems continue to be effective and efficient
- Create and maintain documentation on Information Systems procedures
- Maintain and order Information Systems supplies
- Maintain Information Systems libraries
- Demonstrated positive relationships with end users while responding to IT tickets and requests
- Manage Infrastructure projects for the implementation or upgrade of computer equipment and systems.
- Assist in all audits and maintain compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and abilities:
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of desktop virtualization (VMWare, Citrix)
- Strong working knowledge of VOIP telephony solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint online. SharePoint development/customization experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Education and experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Desktop support with Microsoft Windows, MacOS is a plus
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure Active Directory
- 2 years of experience with network and security infrastructure (VPN, Firewall)
- Team player: Demonstrates cooperative spirit, respects professional boundaries and is successful at sharing responsibilities with others
- Self-led: Knows and completes responsibilities in assigned timelines, asks for clarifications when needed
- End User oriented: Works well with all (internal staff and external staff), promotes a positive image of the Company and works diligently to resolve issues
- Poised: able to maintain a calm, positive and constructive attitude during interactions with diverse populations, sometimes in challenging situations
- Ethical: Honest, accountable, maintains confidentiality
- Decisive: Thoughtful when considering options, seeks input from others, makes difficult decisions when necessary
- Knowledgeable: Understands facets of job, keeps job knowledge current
- Well organized: Information organized and accessible, maintains efficient work space, manages time well
- Strong communicator: excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical savvy: Skilled with computers, proficient with function appropriate technology, learns quickly, uses technology to enhance job performance with the interest and ability to learn new technology
- Leadership: Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner and is able to identify projects or work needed for future completion. Anticipates needs before they are assigned. Recognizes themselves as a departmental or function representative
- Buffalo, NY