Objective: The Marketing, Social Media, and Content Internship aims to expose young professionals to the principles of integrated marketing communications in the digital marketplace, including inbound marketing, content development, market segmentation, customer targeting, e-commerce, and marketing data reporting. The Marketing Intern will be given hands on development opportunities in a B2B environment, inside of a global specialty metals manufacturer.
Work Location and Schedule: We are flexible in where, when and how your work is completed. The position will be based in Pomfret, CT at the Loos & Co., Inc. Wire Rope manufacturing facility. The Facility is located at 16B Mashamoquet Road, Pomfret Center, CT 06259. The expectation is that the work of this position can be performed remotely, include meetings and group projects, with the requirement to visit the Pomfret Location for occasional in-person training and team building events during the semester (1-2 times per month), with one required day in the office per week during Winter/Summer recesses. Reasonable transportation accommodation can be made if necessary.
Responsibilities: The Marketing Intern will perform the daily activities involved in executing product level and brand level marketing strategies. This includes creating outbound marketing communications (print & web), managing inbound marketing programs, developing customer point of contact activities and the collection and analyzing of market, customer, and product information. The Marketing Intern is responsible for maintaining the system developed to collect information from the marketplace and then providing this information to Product Managers in a manner that allows them to generate new customers, meet planned sales goals, and grow profit and margin levels.
Product and Brand Marketing
· Assists in executing strategic marketing plans
· Conducts Primary and secondary market research
· Assists in development of Marketing and Sales promotional materials
· Cultivates customer acquisition and business development opportunities
· Assists with developing, monitoring and analyzing marketing programs to support sales growth
· Analyzes promotional opportunities and assists in developing promotional plans and content
· Coordinates and plans tradeshows and other special events
· Maintains our website and our social media presence
· Develops and executes market based advertising and communication campaigns
· Manages media contacts; creates and distributes press releases
Reporting and Analysis
· Creates and analyzes marketing reports (SEO, Lead Generation, Social Media Reach) and presents findings to sales & marketing team
· Maintains market, product, and account specific data for planning and reporting purposes
· Researches product, customers and market information marketplace
· Develops and presents competitive analysis and trends reports
· Analyzes and reports marketing program effectiveness
· Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Studying for a degree in Marketing or related business field
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Platforms, WordPress/CMS Experience a plus
· Ability to work part time during the semester, and transition to full time during Winter/Summer recesses
· Must be energetic, a self-starter, a quick thinker and a team player
$15 -$18 per hour, Based on Experience
- Employees must be fully vaccinated for coronavirus by October 29, 2021. Candidates for employment must present proof of at least the first shot (of a two-shot regiment) as a condition of an employment offer. Medical or religious accommodations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis in accordance with all applicable laws.