The Accounting Clerk is an entry level, non-exempt position that reports to the Assistant Controller/VP of Finance. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for a variety of general accounting tasks in accounting department including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
• Maintain, verify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
• Prepare supporting documents for monthly financial statements, in accordance with US GAAP.
• Perform invoicing on customer orders after shipment, including timely delivery of invoices to customers and promptly call customers to collect overdue invoices.
• Compile data and prepare a variety of reports as needed including on past due accounts and collection issues.
• Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to promptly processing payment.
• Perform all AP voucher functions on invoices and performs three-way match for all purchases.
• Investigate questionable data, communicate across departments and with vendors, and recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
• Assists accounting department personnel and performs filing, check processing, and mailing.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities
• Associate degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in accounting.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping, cost accounting and general ledger process.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate.
• This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• 1-2 years of experience in ERP
• Strong interpersonal skills
• This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, telephone, and computer printer.
• The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.