The Senior Electrical Controls Engineer is an exempt upper-level position that reports to the VP of Engineering. The Senior Electrical Controls Engineer’s primary responsibilities include designing and building of Human Machine Interface (HMI) control systems for custom pick and place automation equipment.
• Design and build control systems for process control and automation projects
• Design and build Human Machine Interface (HMI) control systems for custom Pick and Place automation equipment.
• PLC Control System Design with a focus on hardware, panels and instrumentation.
• CAD based panel layout and schematic design.
• Implements electric controls design by providing installation, start-up, and technical support.
• Meet and interact with vendors in various capacities.
• Organizes design project by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
• Provide “Hands on” trouble shooting and machine start up.
• Generate and manage project documentation.
• Provide technical support for production departments.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• EE or Controls Engineering Degree.
• 10 years PLC, SCADA and HMI programming and design.
• Familiarity with process systems and continuous processes.
• Highly skilled in automation architecture design.
• Experience with current trends in automation and instrumentation to be able to select and implement modern controls architectures.
• Experience with Vision Systems, Scara Robots, and Automated Pick & Place equipment.
• Experience with Validation of electrical system.
• The schedule is M-F 8:00 to 5:00pm with some flexibility.
• Skilled with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
• Strong interpersonal skills, diligent and dependable
• Able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines
• Ability to give and receive feedback
• Able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally
• Able to remain stationary for an extended length of time
• The person frequently operates a computer and troubleshoots control systems.
• The person must be able to detect visual discrepancies in standard procedures
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about the inside of the facility as well as commute to other CSI facilities to access other production equipment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.