Performs a wide range of financial loan reporting functions within the Finance Department in conformance with established Bank policies and operating procedures.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers.
1. Calculates and prepares the quarterly Allowance for Loan & Lease Losses reserve, including analysis of qualitative and quantitative factors such as economic conditions and delinquency trending.
2. Develops a model to calculate loan reserves following upcoming CECL guidelines. Model will include analysis of historical loan activity to predict expected losses across multiple loan segments.
3. Prepares quarterly analysis of Impaired Loans, including required reserve calculations and ensures recording accuracy into the loan system. Assists Commercial Loan Officers with initial impairment analysis as required.
4. Prepares and updates the quarterly ALLL Justification Memo and Board Reporting package.
5. Reviews and assists Commercials Lenders, Credit and Collections departments in the completion of Criticized Asset Reports.
6. Prepare and support financial statement footnote disclosures and loan related regulatory reporting requirements.
7. Member of the Non-Performing Asset Committee and Credit Quality Committee. Reports on the status of ALLL quarterly and prepares pro-forma calculations are requested.
8. Resolves loan related differences between the loan system and the general ledger.
9. Promotes the Bank’s products and services and maintains an active participation in community affairs.
10. Responsible for adhering to bank policies and procedures related to regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the job function.
11. Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or its equivalent through course work and training. Two years’ experience in bank loan accounting or credit analysis helpful. Must be very detail-oriented and demonstrate strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to utilize various types of accounting/general ledger software.
Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and practices. Consults with manager when clarification or exception to policies and procedures is needed.
Responsible for adhering to bank policies and procedures relating to regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the job function including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Fair Lending.