This position is responsible for helping customers achieve their financial goals, small or large, by providing outstanding service in a courteous, professional and ethical manner. Whether processing day-to-day banking transactions or educating customers on bank services that enhance their financial well-being, customer solutions assistant branch managers are cross-trained to fully handle operational, customer service, and consumer and business product/service tasks efficiently and effectively. In addition, customer solutions assistant branch managers will serve in a leadership role and are experts in the areas of small business, technology, and residential lending.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers.
- Proactively engages with customers inside and outside of the branch – informs and educates through various experiences including digital and public presentations – assists with branch events and initiatives, provides efficient, accurate and courteous customer service.
- Proactively engages with community through networking events, branch coordinated events/initiatives and community education. Makes business development calls to area businesses and refers commercial loans and cash management services to business partners.
3. Maintains expert knowledge of Bank’s products and services. Identifies and actively engages customer in determining needs and goals. Recommends and creates customized solutions – opens and processes all types of consumer and business deposit accounts, consumer, residential, retirement, and small business credit solutions. Participates in business development, onboarding and retention activities. Refers to a business partner as appropriate.
4. Able to interview loan applicants objectively, recommend appropriate consumer loan, credit card, equity loan, some residential and small business products based on needs and ability to repay. Follow loans from application to closing efficiently and accurately. Refers to MLO’s as appropriate. Earn and then annually satisfy the SAFE MLO testing requirements for NMLS registration.
5. Effectively demonstrates small business, technology and residential credit skills for more complex and specialized customer needs.
6. Assists with monitoring and evaluating performance in conjunction with Customer Solutions Manager, provides feedback to enhance customer sales and service efforts. Provides input for performance reviews, training milestones, and promotional recommendations.
7. Performs a variety of transactions to service the customer including processing deposits, withdrawals, payments, check cashing, commercial teller transactions, coin orders, cash advances, traveler’s checks, etc.
8. Assists customers with account maintenance, CD renewals, address changes, research requests, check ordering, debit card orders, safe deposit access, notary services, and able to effectively demonstrate online banking and mobile banking services.
9. Balances transactions and cash at the end of the day, balances ATM and participates in the branch settlement.
10. Assists staff in performing duties, as needed, e.g., balancing, account problems, etc. Provides policy overrides on computer system to process transactions.
11. Branch safety and soundness responsibilities. Processes vault transactions; orders and ships cash. Verifies all cash transactions. Balances vault and ATM cash and branch.
12. Ensures the security of various systems and cash storage. Maintains building keys, security and vault combinations with opening/closing responsibilities. Serves in an on-call capacity for ATM and alarm systems.
13. Ensures that transactions are processed accurately and proper documentation completed.
14. Promotes the Bank’s products and services and maintains an active participation in community affairs.
15. Responsible for adhering to bank policies and procedures related to regulatory compliance requirement applicable to job function.
16. Performs related and unrelated duties as may be needed.
A.S. or equivalent; 3 plus years of cash handling, customer service, lending, supervisory, and problem solving experience required. Must demonstrate effective coaching experience and be able to train and motivate Financial Care Professionals. Successful completion of the small business, technology, leadership and residential lending training milestones. Effective customer service, verbal & written communication, math, problem solving and organizational skills. Detail-oriented and able to multi-task and use various types of office equipment, including computer. Able to lead by example – effective coaching and mentoring skills essential. Tech-savvy – use of and able to demonstrate features of banking technology with customers using a variety of tools. Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint software applications is essential. Activity learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Chelsea Groton Bank culture. Physical requirements include the ability to move to various locations including the vault, ability to lift up to 15 pounds on an interim basis, and the flexibility to bend and reach.
In compliance with the federal Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act) and various state banking laws, MLOs at Chelsea Groton Bank must satisfy certain professional state-licensing requirements prior to engaging in loan origination activities on behalf of Chelsea Groton Bank.
Limited supervisory responsibility
Performs work within established guidelines and according to specific procedures. Refers problems to immediate supervisor.
Responsible for adhering to Bank policies and procedures relating to regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the job function including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, and Fair Lending.