This Digital Banking Operations Specialist role requires specialized knowledge of designated processes, applications, and products within the Bank Operational teams. This subject matter expertise is required to effectively perform the tasks and responsibilities assigned to the specialist. The Digital Banking Operations Specialist provides excellent customer service and support to members, internal business development personnel (deposit and loan), and all other individuals and departments in regards business banking accounts and services with their trained subject expertise. This role has oversight of applications requiring significant risk-based decision making and has significant Customer impact. In addition, the Digital Banking Operations Specialist serves as a backup to the Digital Banking Operations Specialist and has extensive knowledge about Card Services and Digital Banking products.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Processes incoming and outgoing wire transfer requests from Retail Banking, internal departments and online banking in accordance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and FDICIA requirements; performs daily balancing of incoming and outgoing wire transfers.
2. Establishes and maintains business deposit accounts in accordance with documentation requirements, business account proposals. Provides support and guidance for prospective and existing business customers and internal business development personnel on proper documentation and account setup requirements.
3. In accordance with guidance and instruction, sets-up and maintains business banking clients in systems and applications for Online Banking, ACH Origination, Online Wire Origination, Positive Pay, Remote Deposit Capture, Mobile Banking, Mobile Check Deposit, merchant services, credit cards, etc.
4. Performs various daily processing activities associated with business banking accounts and services in a timely, effective, risk conscious and compliant manner. Resolves problems and ensures that exceptions and anomalies are addressed in accordance with policies, procedures and expectations. Very attentive to potential risks and risk mitigation as it pertains to business banking accounts and services.
5. Provides daily phone support to all members and demonstrates professional, effective and timely responses/resolution to all inquiries via telephone, email, secure message, fax, etc.
6. Assists with the daily fraud monitoring of digital channels to identify anomalies and mitigate risk across these channels.
7. Assists with the processing and resolution of debit card disputes in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements.
8. Assists with the cross-selling of additional products and services to business banking clients through a consultative sales approach based upon understanding the client’s needs and providing effective solutions.
9. Ensures that all required customer agreements, documentation and records associated with business banking accounts and services are maintained in accordance with policies, procedures and expectations.
10. Assists with the development, implementation and testing of new Digital Banking services, as well as functionalities associated with existing accounts and services. Performs comprehensive discovery and testing, detailed reports of findings and effectively communicates to various individuals, departments and vendors.
11. Assists with the management of Card Services with the goal of maximizing interchange income, increasing card usage, and mitigating fraud while not adversely affecting our customer base.
12. Acts as a critical team member when analyzing and testing new software and applications. Provides well thought out feedback and articulates feedback to vendors clearly to arrive at a sound resolution.
13. Demonstrates strong overall business and financial acumen including well developed analytical and decision making skills.
14.Promotes the Bank’s products and services and maintains an active participation in community affairs.
15.Responsible for adhering to Bank policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements and guidelines.
16.Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years banking experience in either Deposit Operations or Retail Banking. Must have strong analytical and problem resolution skills; be detail oriented and well organized and possess a strong customer service orientation. Must have advanced verbal and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and able to become proficient in the use of various other software applications and technologies that may be used in the performance of responsibilities. Must be able to use various types of office equipment including computer, calculator, fax, copier and document imaging technology and equipment. Ability to learn and adapt to change and flexibility of both schedule and routines is required. Must interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
Performs work within established guidelines and according to specific procedures. Refers problems to immediate supervisor.
Responsible for adhering to bank policies and procedures relating to regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the job function including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Fair Lending.