The internship program is designed to provide valuable work experience for undergraduate students considering careers in marketing, communications and public relations.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs any function necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers.
The Marketing Department is seeking an intern who will assist in the implementation of its Communication and Marketing efforts, across various lines of business and products.
• Support the Chelsea Groton Marketing team to execute content strategy, support the development of creative assets and the deployment of advertising and marketing campaigns;
• Execute various daily tasks in multiple Marketing channels such as website, social media, in-branch advertising, etc.;
• Assist with day-to-day management of social media channels and determine content for social media planning calendar, as appropriate;
• Maintain photo release database, monitor press coverage and advertising;
• Support marketing research needs;
• Draft and proofread press releases, e-newsletter articles and other content;
• Attend team meetings, interdepartmental meetings, and participate in discussion of new marketing campaigns, programs and updates;
• Help coordinate, promote and attend handshake marketing events, bank-sponsored events, and other community events;
• Other duties as assigned.
· Be a marketing, public relations and/or communications major
· Be a junior or senior in good standing with their accredited college
· Be creative, innovative and have good teamwork skills
· Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
· Self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities independently within specific timeframes
· Have a sincere interest in learning more about the banking industry and the Chelsea Community
· Having a willingness to provide outstanding customer service in all interactions with internal and external customers
· Have successfully completed a background investigation and drug screening
· Be able to work part-time Monday-Friday.
Refers specific problems to manager where clarification of policies and procedures is needed.
Responsible for adhering to bank policies and procedures relating to regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the job function including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Fair Lending.