This person is responsible for analyzing risks and providing resolutions associated with various aspects of deposit account activity, fraud prevention and fiduciary related accounts. Within this function, this role is responsible for corresponding directly with internal teams, customers and local authorities to minimize losses associated with fraudulent banking activity.
1. This role is responsible for working closely with the Identity Theft Prevention Coordinator to develop, implement and maintain the Bank’s Identity Theft Prevention Program.
2. Assists with the development and implementation of new products and services. assists with the development of policies, practices and procedures and ensures compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
3. Regularly reviews existing products, services and processes. Recommends and assists with changes to existing operating policies, practices and procedures and with the development of new operating policies, practices and procedures.
- Assists the Security Manager in helping team members to plan, organize and manage the Bank’s day to day security activities (including fraud detection, access management, information security, and identity theft prevention) and collaborates with stakeholders in the overall administration of these directives for the Bank. Assists with training, and provides consultative advice and guidance related to Bank security as needed.
- Supports the Operations and Technology teams and other teams during preparation and response for audits, exams and compliance reviews. Reviews drafts responses to audits and exams and recommends solutions to findings on behalf of cross functional team members.
- Supports the Security Manager with fob access management and Insight security.
- Manages day to day Red Flag alerts for accounts in the bank’s security software. Consults with the Security Manager and informs and acts upon potential suspicious account activity.
- First line reviewer of Powers of Attorney, Trusts and other Fiduciary documentation to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for customer correspondence in relation to all Operational related workflows.
- Shares responsibility for critical Operations functions such as the Overdraft Privilege Program, IRA’s Health Savings Accounts, and branch balancing.
- Works with the Security Manager to investigate all suspected internal and external criminal violations, suspicious incidents and policy violations that may become security issues. Assists Bank’s legal counsel on all security matters as needed. Anticipates potential security risks and develops procedures and programs to proactively protect the Bank from harm and loss. Assists the Security Manager and the BSA Manager to ensure that information is complete and reported appropriately.
- Co-Administrator of the Bank’s alarm, video and access control systems. Assigns employee access and creates authority levels. Co-Administrator of the COCC Insight user access portal..
13. Supports the Security Manager with activities surrounding branch robberies as needed.
14. Promotes the Bank’s products and services and maintains an active participation in community affairs.
15. Responsible for adhering to bank policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required.
Minimum of 3 years banking experience. Must be a creative and critical thinker who is organized, detail oriented, and comfortable asking questions. This individual works well under pressure and is a strong communicator, can easily build relationships, and collaborate with stakeholders. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and is comfortable giving direction, staying committed to deadlines, effecting change, and following through on commitments. Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills are necessary.
0 Direct Reports
Establishes goals and policies for the Security function within the broad scope of bank-wide objectives. Reviews major or precedent-setting decisions as applicable with the Director of Risk Management, Director of Operations and Technology, or Director of Internal Audit.
Responsible for adhering to bank policies and procedures relating to regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the job function including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Fair Lending.