Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a private, public-interest law firm offering rewarding work with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits. As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients. CCK is seeking a Client Development Paralegal to join our growing team in our new office in Providence, RI.
Your mission would be to establish the firm’s relationship with qualified potential clients by conducting interviews via telephone. The Client Development Paralegal is the initial point of contact for all potential new clients seeking assistance with Veterans’ Benefits and ERISA & Insurance matters. You would need to learn about our law practice areas and become conversant with the legal issues facing our clients. CCK provides this training. This important role involves complete administrative duties related to client intake and retention.
- Serve as point of contact for potential clients throughout the intake process
- Clear, concise, and accurate written and verbal communication
- Learn about CCK’s practice areas and become conversant with the legal issues facing our clients
- Conduct interviews with potential new clients via telephone
- Demonstrate empathy to potential clients and put them at ease during their difficult time
- Provide detailed written summaries about potential clients’ needs to attorneys
- Request and review all necessary documents from potential clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing, and challenging work environment
- Multiple language skills are preferred
- Due to COVID-19, this position may require work from home or modified work in office as CCK’s business needs require. Therefore, you would need to provide a quiet space to work at home and handle phone calls, as well as a reliable high-speed internet connection. As CCK deems it appropriate, this position will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily.
- Hours are Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $41,600
- Comprehensive benefit plans including, health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a gym reimbursement program; and much more.
To Apply, Please Submit the Following:
- Cover Letter