Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
The Packet-Optical HW Development team is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative designer to join the hardware development group in our Atlanta design center working on Ciena’s Packet Optical platform products. The position will be tailored to the successful applicant and will involve working with senior designers implementing leading edge circuit packs for multi gigabit fiber optic transport systems.
- Circuit design and schematic capture
- Perform timing analysis and simulation of critical interfaces
- Perform hardware bring-up of initial prototypes
- Develop and execute hardware verification plans and, debug prototype hardware using a variety of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers, protocol analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Assist with large scale high-speed signal testing by developing and using automated data acquisition techniques
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills are essential
- The candidate must have initiative, enthusiasm and a desire to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Strong knowledge of digital and analog circuits
- Familiarity with embedded microcontrollers
- Familiarity with programable logic devices such as CPLD’s and FPGA’s
- Familiarity with lab test equipment and measurement techniques
- Experience designing and debugging hardware is an asset
- Experience with PCB schematic capture and layout tools is an asset
- BS or MS degree in Electronics/Electrical required
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people’s lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That’s what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes – both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process