We are searching for a talented and professional Community Outreach Coordinator to maintain all community outreach activities. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, this position will represent the Mayor’s Office and work with team members to develop and implement initiatives that increase the Mayor’s visibility with our constituents and Cambridge Public School families.
Candidates need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
- Prepare budgets for community outreach activities.
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners and families.
- Schedule virtual outreach events in the community.
- Create an outreach plan and prepare accurate records and reports on the goals of the outreach plan.
- Assist in organizing events, including virtual forums and panel discussions, family engagement events.
- Assist in drafting press releases on planned events
- Perform related duties as required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in communications, marketing, business or related fields.
- Preferred experience of 2-3 years in an office environment providing event/outreach activities.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in tracking data and pitching event ideas.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Highly adaptable and sensitive to working with diverse (race, ethnicity, age, generation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious/spiritual beliefs, disability and more) populations
- Familiarity with Cambridge strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position is based in the Cambridge Mayor’s office and will have in person and remote work depending on COVID protocols and social distancing requirements. We primarily use Zoom for team meetings and check-ins.
HOURS OF WORK: 19 hours per week; temporary position through December 31, 2021
RATE: $25.00 per hour
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 11/4/2020. Position will remain open until filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.