The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing site-specific operations and reports directly to the Stamford Asset Management Group (SAMG).
- Key Functions:Ensure that scope of work as defined by SAMG is followed in accordance with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly schedules.
- Schedule, coordinate and plan with custodians, trades, and contracted service workers.
- Identify and recommend repairs and improvements for the school facilities and grounds in order to maintain healthy and safe environments for students, staff, and the community.
- Review work orders daily and follow up with custodians and trades.
- Meet regularly with School Principal or designee and discuss concerns and progress on all work orders.
- Walk and inspect all school sites weekly.
- Interact with City Engineering Department, contractors, architects, and engineers in connection with short and long-term capital projects.
- Develop and direct the school district’s snow removal plan for schools in their area of responsibility.
- Assist SAMG with labor relations for custodian and trades.
- Develop and oversee a preventative maintenance program.
- Support district-wide efforts to complete, maintain, and update a facilities capital asset assessment.
- Work collaboratively with building administrators and staff to ensure a clean and safe environment for all students and staff.
- Conduct regular building inspections for safety, cleaning standards, and procedure compliance.
- Coordinate inspections by state agencies, insurance companies, fire, police, and health department.
- Complete district compliance trainings as required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Knowledge and Skills:Strong internal and external communications, interpersonal, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to work professionally and collaboratively with others.
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Effective, active listening skills.
- Organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated high level of effective leadership skills.
- Ability to use technology to support systems and programs.
- Working knowledge of mechanical units (HVAC), electrical, grounds care, buildings, custodial care, carpentry, playground equipment and safety.
- Working knowledge of all applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Connecticut School Code regulations that apply to the Facilities and Maintenance Department of the school district.
- Proficiency in order management systems.
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and implement Operating Systems (i.e. Windows); Office suites (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs); Presentation Software (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google Spreadsheets); Communication and Collaboration tools (i.e. Skype); Accounting Software (i.e. QuickBooks); Student Information Systems (i.e. Naviance, Power School); or any other technology deemed relevant for this position.
- Qualifications:5 or more years of successful experience in the facility management field (preferred).
- Experience analyzing problems and developing action plans.
- Successful leadership experience.
- Experience in municipal or educational environments (preferred).
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Stamford Board of Education may find appropriate.
12 months in keeping with contracts for term contract personnel
Commensurate with experience