The Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR), which is a world-renowned animal sanctuary that is home to about 800 domestic and exotic animals, many of whom have been rescued from near-death situations such as slaughterhouses, biomedical research laboratories, and trophy hunting ranches, seeks Education and Outreach Interns. Education and Outreach Interns learn about and gain experience in humane education, community outreach, event planning, grant research and writing, social media and public speaking. Interns participate in planning and implementing education and outreach programs alongside staff while learning about the care center’s work and philosophies.
Some specific internship responsibilities include:
- Brainstorm and help plan for and implement adult/professional, child/classroom and public humane education programs
- Help create a social media editorial calendar for CABBR to plan weekly and monthly content creation and curation
- Research, attend and help plan for tabling events and speak publicly about The Fund for Animals and the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)
- Research grant opportunities and assist with grant writing
- Complete a research project in which interns study a topic of interest related to their learning and give a brief 5-10 minute presentation of results at the conclusion of the internship (i.e. the impacts of social media on fundraising efforts, etc.); topic must be approved by supervisor
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
- Must be minimum 18 years old
- Able to meet the requirements outlined in the Essential Capabilities document with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have a driver’s license and an excellent driving record
- Must provide proof of a negative tuberculosis (TB) test
- Possess a strong personal work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, and a high level of professionalism
- Tetanus and pre-exposure rabies vaccinations recommended but not required
Internship time commitment is 32-40 hours per week for 12 weeks. Please note our location (Murchison, Texas) and consider any travel arrangements you may need to make before applying for this internship. This internship is paid a $200 monthly stipend; however, free housing may be available and course credit can be arranged. Interns must pass a criminal background check and sign a waiver and release of liability.