Logistics Application Engineering Development Program (LogiNoid)
Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With over $600 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called “Cognoids,” take their work but not themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance, and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
Cognex Corporation invests in talent. One way we do this is through our (“Logi”stics to Cog”noid”) Loginoid Application Engineering Development Program, a full-time paid opportunity for recent college undergraduates.
What does a Logistics Application Engineer do you ask?
The best way to sum it up is seen in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrCe_SRw1M
Partnering with other members of the Logistics AE team, sales and our customers you will be designing, validating and technically owning both Vision, ID and hybrid systems & solutions to solve the most complex customer needs with automation, material handling and inspection requirements. Logistics is the fastest growing vertical in Cognex and the Application Engineering role is critical in supporting continued growth.
This program is designed to train and engage emerging engineering professionals that are interested in developing skills and competencies and applying them in these cutting edge, high growth business applications. You will begin to bridge the gap between the field of engineering principles, real world application and verification of these principles while being exposed to the technical expertise, customer exposure and general development skills needed to advance your career in the fast-paced world of technology.
The Loginoid program seeks to cultivate highly skilled, productive and committed Cognoids who will help lead Cognex’s future success. Program participants will develop technical competence, gain market knowledge and a broad range of industry skills by working in a critical business segment experiencing significant and sustained growth dealing with some of the largest, global brands in the e-commerce and logistics segments. Each candidate hired into the program will be able to make immediate contributions to the business. Following the program, Loginoids will secure a position within Cognex.
Loginoid Qualifications & Experiences:
- High energy and motivated learner that aspires to continually develop
- Action oriented – passion for getting results
- Team player who can work effectively with cross functional teams and has the ability to influence decisions through a sense of urgency and competitive drive
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Drives change with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel 50% of time
- Flexibility and desire to relocate within the US upon completion of program
- Ability to generate conversation and develop customer relationships
- Experience with networking, basic java scripting, vision/image-processing all valuable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer sciences, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, Robotics Engineering or related field
The Loginoid program is a 12-18 month development program comprised of 4-6 engineering assignments and role shadowing opportunities that will each be 2-4 months in duration. The program targets the development of functional, technical, interpersonal and broad based industry skills providing a fantastic foundation for continued progression. These assignments help our college graduates and managers determine where Loginoids will flourish in their full-time position at Cognex.
- Assignments will be determined based on background, skillset and interests
- The number and length of assignments will fluctuate depending on business need
Loginoids are offered continued training and job shadowing throughout the program in many important developmental areas including, but not limited to:
- Introduction to Cognex Corporation
- Cognex culture and leadership principles
- Technical instructions, training and commissioning level certification
- Machine vision and ID technology industry overview
- Project management
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Voice of the customer exposure through our technical support group
- Sales and the 6 Bullet Cognex sales philosophy
As a participant in the Loginoid to Cognoid Engineering Development Program, Loginoids have access to Cognoid mentors who will personally guide the incoming Loginoid class, making themselves readily available to answers questions and provide guidance throughout their time in the program.
In addition to the extensive onsite training, Loginoid members are encouraged to pursue advanced degrees by taking advantage of Cognex’s tuition reimbursement program.
The Loginoid program offers a unique opportunity to network with colleagues and executives from day one. Through formal introductions with executives, team building exercises with colleagues and hands on work experience, Loginoids are immediately immersed in the corporate culture in order to hit the ground running!
Additional Job Description
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.