Full-Time Permanent position
Work Day: 9am to 6pm
Work Week: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, & Monday
- Fish Culture: All phases of propagation, care and stocking of trout species
- Education: Conduct onsite and outreach education programming
- Aquarium: Maintain freshwater fish, reptile and amphibian exhibits
- Operation & Supervision: Supervise all part time staff (up to 3) and volunteers (as many as 10), and coordinate volunteer program
- Customer Service: Provide service for admissions, gift shop and public fishing.
- Facility Maintenance: Grounds care and building maintenance
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Fisheries / Aquaculture or a closely related field.
2. At least 1 year of experience at a fish hatchery.
3. Demonstrated experience managing a staff or group of volunteers.
4. Must have general skill in carpentry, electric and plumbing.
5. Must be confident driver, experience driving a ¾ ton or larger pickup truck a plus
6. Must be able to operate small power equipment (lawn mowers, trimers, pumps, etc.)
7. Must be able to lift 45 pounds repeatedly.
8. Must work in all weather conditions.
9. Must have excellent oral and written communication.
Compensation: Starting Salary range of $32,000 to $34,000 (DOE)
Health, Dental, & Vision Benefits / paid vacations & holidays
Apply: Please email a resume, DMV Standard Driving Record and 3 references. Send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until position is filled. Please no phone calls