Aftermarket Supply Chain Management Co-op
Collins Aerospace (Raytheon Technologies)
(June – December 2021)
***This is a virtual/remote Co-op position***
The candidate for this co-op position will report to the Supply Chain Manager within Aftermarket Customer Service. The candidate should possess outstanding leadership, interpersonal and project management skills. Additionally, applicants should have excellent communication skills as he or she will have the opportunity to interface with peers, management and Collins’ Aerospace Senior Leadership. This individual will be responsible for specific project deliverables, decision support assistance and support of operational and organizational performance.
This role requires attention to detail, the ability to focus on results and strong analytical skills as the individual will have the opportunity to drive the success of our organization. Several projects or functions will be assigned to the candidate based on their specific skill set and interests. These may include Pricing File maintenance, Contract Compliance Matrix generation, negotiation support, supplier management, delivery assurance, supplier performance assessment/corrective action and Quality oversight and management.
The candidate must possess a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. It is expected that the candidate will be comfortable working with large amounts of data and drawing conclusions based on his or her analysis of the data. This role will also introduce the candidate to our outsourcing partner, Accenture, LLC, an India based organization that provides supplier related interface and assists in strategic contract and supply chain activities. It will be necessary for the candidate to interface with both internal and external entities such as Supplier repair stations, Customer Administration, Accenture, Collins Supply Chain and Program Management.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen with a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or greater
Candidate must be enrolled as a student for the entire length of the Co-op
Required skills are the ability to:
- Understand and use common Microsoft applications (proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint)
- Analyze large amounts of data identifying actions based on the results
- Listen and communicate effectively
- Take direction and be self-directed in managing daily tasks and schedules
- Make use of problem solving skills
- Manage projects to completion providing deliverables as scheduled
- Utilize interpersonal skills to work well within the team environment
- Preferred Skills are the ability to:
- Be process-focused and identify where improvements are necessary
- Understanding of SAP
- Education or Experience sought:
- Ideal candidates will be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree with a concentration in Program Management, Supply Chain Management, and Business Administration of Information technology, however all degree programs may apply.
- Co-op Experience Takeaways:
- Real corporate experience in a Fortune 50 Company
- Opportunity to interact with Management and Senior Leadership
- Networking opportunities with hundreds of RTX Co-ops
- Exposure to and training opportunities in RTX’s Continuous Improvement System (ACE)
- Opportunity for contributions that significantly impact the organization