JOB TITLE: Crisis Therapist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
SCHEDULED HOURS: 40 hours/week
SITE LOCATION: Manchester, CT
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Coordinates all aspects of outreach clinical treatment for assigned clients with major mental illness and/or serious emotional disorders. Provides individual, family therapy and crisis intervention. Maintains contact with and consults with relevant collaborative parties. Participates as full member of the clinical team and the program and is responsible for maintaining client records.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides assessment and treatment interventions consistent with fidelity to evidence based model if applicable.
- Transports clients, when necessary using agency vehicles and/or personal vehicle.
- Participates in weekly supervision and meetings to review client and program progress.
- Provides Coverage for team members during periods of absence.
- Responsible for Maintaining Client and Staff Records According to Agency Policy.
- Performs home and community based care.
- Provides crisis assessment and intervention to monitor status of clients in crisis.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with family members and other service providers.
- Works with clients to develop appropriate discharge plans utilizing natural supports.
- Demonstrates competency in age related or specialty issues and developmental needs for each population served.
- Documents ongoing client progress and outcomes.
Education: Master’s Degree or higher in mental health field
Experience: Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience as a psychotherapist working with people with mental illness and/or serious emotional disorders. Demonstrated training and experience in all aspects of mental health treatment, assessment, evaluation and provision of individual, group and family therapy. Relevant experience to program model to which individual is assigned
Licensure/Certification/Registration: LCSW, LMFT, LPC, eligible. Licensed preferred. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.