ntern – Finance/Gen Accounting
The primary function of the intern is to support the various aspects of the accounting department and learn the different things that go into month end close and reporting from AR, AP, and General accounting. Examples of tasks would include:
- Process monthly journal entries
- Reconcile monthly assigned balance sheet accounts
- Assist in documentation of global processes/policy design, development of procedure manuals and standard operating procedures
- Working on reporting requirements in accounting systems
- Pull together documentation of accounts payable processes into one organized one note document.
- Learn the accounts payable three way matching process and fill in any missing documentation.
- Help research and close old purchase orders in Data Works
Accounts Receivable – General:
- Analyze A/R aging within assigned portfolio. Reconcile past due open balances and work with customer to resolve.
- Complete Daily Cash Balancing with a primary focus on daily credit card transactions: review and total current day credit cards and match them to the system totals. The next business day, reconcile credit card transactions with Accounting
Accounts Receivable – Genomics:
- Cash application through to collections follow up with patient and insurance companies
- Understanding various aspects of regulatory requirements, such as Privacy/HIPAA to PCI
- Reporting monthly close information to accounting
Other potential areas include – Internal Controls, Systems testing, other one off projects
CooperSurgical is an equal employment opportunity employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran