- Responsible for the referral process, including but not limited to insurance verification, scheduling appointments, and verification of patient compliance.
- Develops extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Coordinates referrals with other project providers in a timely manner.
- Sets up a referral network to facilitate accessibility to the Center and other network provider agencies.
CS-HHC’s Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all CS-HHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents CS-HHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contactsCommunicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and CS-HHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the positionMeets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains authorization from the appropriate insurance company for the specialist and/or procedure recommended
- Schedules appointments with the provider for the patient
- Provides patients with necessary information (appointment time, location, directions, any required preparations, etc.)
- Updates clients' medical records with notes on services provided in the field
- Forwards any documents to the medical records department, and files in patient’s chartsEstablishes and maintains a “Follow-up Pending” system to ensure patient compliance is verified
- Electronically enters billing information into MIS system and transmits hard copy to billing department, as applicable
- Checks client eligibility for Accounts Payable and project vendors, as applicable
- Prepares new medical chart for clients seen off site and submits to Medical Records Department (Homeless Department only)
- Receives, places, and transfers calls to the appropriate departmentEstablishes and maintains a good rapport with co-workers; responds to their requests with cooperation
- Attends in-service programs as directed
- Uses duty time in an appropriate and productive manner
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedules and assignments
- Accepts and responds appropriately to supervisory directions
- Performs all other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified Nurses Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of six (6) months of related experience.
- Experience in a customer service orientated position and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must be a team player and present excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required. Ability to work under pressure is essential.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft, Internet and E-mail is required.
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish is preferred.
- Must demonstrate age specific/population specific competencies in area(s) of practice.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Travel within the State of Connecticut is required on an as needed basis.CSHHC is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.