Our commitment to diversity: At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The role will be primarily responsible for providing value –added analysis and decision support to the R&D organization at Curriculum Associates. The successful candidate will be providing financial/data analysis, budget and forecasting, product and project profitability analysis among other relevant analysis for R&D organization.
- Responsible for financial business partnering activities in support of R&D leadership team
- Support annual planning and long-term planning, including setting base case, communicating assumptions, coordinating planning process and timeline and consolidating all the inputs.
- Work closely with project accounting and general accounting team to ensure all the R&D spend are properly capitalized/expensed/accrued.
- Prepare the regular project reporting’s to R&D leadership team to monitor financial performance.
- Build trusted relationships with the business partners and meet with them on their financial results on regular basis. Provide trainings and guidance to help business better understand and take ownership of their financial results.
- Provide value added analysis to support decision making, identify the key areas to improve efficiency. Monitor the financial progress against strategic goals for R&D departments and projects.
- Support corporate FP&A for other reporting if needed.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, management or related business discipline.
- 1-3-years of experience of finance business partnership working in fast pace environment. Must have strong work ethics and ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborative with others. Able to communicate info in a clear, and precise manner to meet the needs of both finance and non- finance audiences.
- Strong understanding of CAPEX, OPEX, Accruals, preferably in software R&D environment.