CWR is a national non-profit organization providing employment opportunities and rehabilitation services to people with disabilities throughout the United States. We are mission driven and have compassionate and exceptional employees!
We are hiring Community Support Coaches, Fulltime, Part-time and Per Diem positions (with the possibility becoming permanent) are now available in CT (add all locations).
What is a Community Support Coach?
· A mentor, teacher, role model and advocate for people with disabilities
· A personal supporter and life coach focused on skill building and equal employment opportunities
· A motivator who helps people reach their full potential
· A flexible, creative, doer who is willing to try anything, including:
· Job Development (helping people find jobs)
· Job Coaching (helping them learn a new job in the community)
· Life Coaching (developing personal care, money management, safety, life skills, etc.)
· Community Connecting (trying new hobbies and participating recreational activities)
What is Required, Am I Qualified?
· High School Diploma or Equivalent, AS/AA or higher preferred
· 6 months employment in a position that demonstrates person accountability and decision making (nonpaid family caregivers or related personal experience can be substituted)
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to communicate effectively (read, write and speak in English) with people served and team members
· Ability to work in a variety of locations, performing different jobs based upon the needs of the people served
· Desire to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities
Connecticut’s Employment and Community Resource since 1964
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer