This internship will be in the Maintenance department.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Maintains efficient operations of all production equipment and facility installations.
- Performs mechanical, electrical, plumbing, hydraulic, and welding operations to repair or maintain parts, equipment, and facility installations.
- Keeps equipment functioning by cleaning, lubricating, and greasing parts.
- Prolongs endurance of equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules.
- Documents actions by completing maintenance logs.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock and logging in parts used daily.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices and electrical sources (troubleshooting malfunctions).
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Contributes to team effort, and has good communication with others.
- All personnel have the authority and responsibility for shutting down production lines and reporting to management when food safety or quality is suspected or known to be compromised.
- Management has the responsibility to assure that all food safety issues related to equipment, processes and methods have been adequately addressed to assure safe food is being produced before starting or continuing production.
- Adhere to all DFA Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures, reporting any non-conformities to Quality Assurance Management.
- Adhere to all DFA Safety policies and procedures, reporting any non-conformities to the Director of Plant Operations or the Safety Manager.
- Adhere to all DFA GMP/SOP policies and procedures, reporting any non-conformities to Quality Assurance Management.
New Britain, Connecticut
The qualified candidate will be enrolled in technical school or an undergraduate program with a degree focus in Manufacturing, Maintenance or Engineering.
An Equal Opportunity Employer