Donaldson is committed to solving the world’s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/donaldson/
Our summer internships provide ambitious undergraduates the chance to gain real world experience in their field of study. We provide challenging, professional experience with a global corporation, where you learn from and work alongside Donaldson employees.
This Internship will be virtual over a 10-12 week period, with occasional regional travel opportunities within a 3 hour driving radius. Ideal candidates will be based in or near Philadelphia, PA, New York, NY or Boston, MA.
As an intern, you will gain insight into the role of a Field Sales Engineer / Manager in a global manufacturing organization. You will also learn skills in air systems engineering design and proper selection of product solutions for our customers. This internship will offer the opportunity to gain insight into many manufacturing processes in the region, including automotive, defense, public works / government, food, and pharmaceutical manufacturing. This opportunity is best suited for an individual interested in a career in sales, with a technical aptitude and the skills to work independently. Self-motivation is a must and the assignment offers autonomy in completing the work assignments.
- Initial independent (virtual) learning modules to become familiar with Donaldson products and solutions
- Assisting sales team members in engineering system design and equipment selection
- Collaborating with team members in technical support functions to develop customer solutions
- Developing price quotations for customers using technical tools, and collaborating with vendors / partners for unique solutions
- Traveling to customer facilities with sales team partners to complete site surveys and gather technical data
- Assist with face-to-face and electronic technical sales presentations to customers
- Currently enrolled in an accredited degree program pursuing a bachelor’s degree in: Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Aerospace, Chemical), business, or a related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong interpersonal skills, speaking skills, and comfort with rapid relationship building
- Self-motivated to work independently
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.