Enko discovers and develops sustainable solutions for farmers to protect their crops from pests and disease. Our proprietary discovery platform represents a revolutionary approach to rapidly discover novel, safe and economical solutions that are needed to ensure efficient food production. Led by a team of proven scientists, entrepreneurs and ag-industry veterans, Enko uses innovative science and agile design principles to rapidly develop field-ready crop protection solutions that overcome the rising resistance barriers traditional pesticides face.
Enko team members will be entitled to participate in Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan and other similar fringe benefit plans.
Greenhouse Manager, Operations
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to excel in a multidisciplinary environment. As a member of a growing R&D team, this person will have an opportunity to contribute to a culture that nurtures scientific excellence, a sense of urgency to achieve project success, and success built on collaboration and personal accountability.
Major responsibilities include:
· As a member of the Operations team, collaborate with Biology Project Leaders and multi-disciplinary project teams to design, conduct and interpret greenhouse experiments to test the efficacy of experimental chemistries
· Work closely with Greenhouse Associate to ensure consistent supply of high-quality weed and crop plants for greenhouse and laboratory testing of experimental chemistries
· Source and maintain Enko’s weed and crop seed inventory
· Maintain and troubleshoot all aspects of greenhouse infrastructure, including irrigation, heating/cooling, supplemental lighting, and environmental controls, as well as controlled growth rooms (reach-in and walk-in environmental chambers)
· Drive continual improvement in greenhouse operations to ensure plant quality as well as space allocation planning and forecasting
- Develop integrated pest management plan to identify and control plant pests, diseases and non-biological challenges that can interfere with greenhouse operations and experimental success
· Train new employees on any and all greenhouse procedures
· Follow detailed research protocols for plant treatment, sample collection, etc.
· Data capture, analysis and preparation of technical reports and presentations
- Share results, skills, and knowledge in a team-based environment, including as a member of multidisciplinary project teams in the discovery and optimization of herbicide, fungicide and insecticide candidates
- Work with external collaborators and contractors (CROs) to extend Enko’s research capability
- Follow all Environmental, Health & Safety procedures and maintain company compliance requirements
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of B.S. (graduate degree preferred) in plant biology, plant physiology, plant pathology, weed science, agricultural pest management, or a related discipline, and 3-5 years industry-related experience
- Experience in fungicide, herbicide and/or insecticide screening and application provides an advantage
- Ability to acquire and maintain a pesticide applicator’s license
- Working knowledge of greenhouse mechanics and environmental control systems (e.g., Argus control systems)
- Well-developed organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage data
- May be required to do physical lifting and work in varying ergonomic environments