Applications Engineer (Entry Level)
About our Company
In business since 1972, Environmental Systems Corp helps facility owners and managers enhance building performance by planning and integrating intelligent solutions to optimize comfort, security, life safety, energy efficiency and audio/visual technology. We have built a reputation as a leading-edge provider of state-of-the-art technology solutions with the highest level of customer service.
Location – West Hartford, CT
Reports to: Automation Engineering Manager
Environmental Systems Corp (ESC) is seeking an Applications Engineer Entry Level position ESC will train the right person to perform Engineering design of automatic temperature control and energy management systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Engineering design of automatic temperature control and energy management systems. Also, producing control schematics, wiring diagrams, sequences of operation, schedules, software design and bill of material lists by applying automatic temperature and energy management products in accordance with project specifications. Typical projects include large schools, larger buildings and central plant designs
· Reviewing internal project estimates, contract (mechanical and electrical) plans and coordinating design requirements with field installation team members as required.
· Creating project shop drawings per project documentation using company or customer design standards
· Attending the Sales to Operations Turnover Meeting and accepting full responsibility for the project design documents.
· Selecting materials including DDC Controllers, field sensors and control devices, dampers, damper actuators and valves to meet the project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards
· Completing each assigned project focusing on customer satisfaction and specification compliance while maintaining budgetary guidelines. Identifying all projects that do not meet the budget and itemize the budget variances.
· Providing technical support for building automation systems and related components.
· Working with customers to identify and recommend system improvements.
· Providing project technical support for building automation and the integration of various equipment and building systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
· Energetic, fast learner looking for a career with limitless growth potential
· Entry level engineering experience required. Training will be provided
· Entry level knowledge with MS Suite, AutoCAD
• Health, Dental, Vision insurance
• Life Insurance, STD and LTD – 100% employer paid
• 401k with Company match
· 10 paid holidays a year
• Training and career development
· Dog friendly environment
· ESC group outings (COVID permitting)
· Potlucks (COVID permitting)
We are a private family owned business with pride in our culture. We have a casual dress code, dogs allowed in the office, friendly environment, employee appreciation events, and more! A lot of our hires come from word-of-mouth because we have a strong reputation in the field. If you have heard about us and are curious to learn more, please reach out! Passive candidates are encouraged to start the conversation with us for future opportunities as well.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?? Please send your resume to Kristen von Paternos, Human Resources Associate – K.firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to learning about you!
An Equal Opportunity Employer