Medical Scribe/Clinical Information Manager
Work as a Scribe for Envision Physician Services, an innovator in the field having implemented the use of scribes over 20 years ago. Work in a fast-paced Emergency Department (ED) and become a valuable member of the healthcare team. Witness the medical decision-making process of clinicians – Physicians, Physician Assistants, and/or Nurse Practitioners. Document patient notes in an Electronic Medical Record under the direction of a clinician, gaining advanced knowledge of medical terminology and ED operations.
- All hospital sites are 24 hour operations. As a CIM you will work various days of the week and shifts, this will include, weekends, some holiday shifts, and may include overnights.
- We offer a collaborative team based culture with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including an outstanding 401(k) match, medical, vision, dental and life insurances, and a tuition reimbursement program.
- All candidates must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Be sure to include any clinical medical experience you have (paid or volunteer). The cover letter should be 2-3 paragraphs explaining why you feel you are a good fit for the position. It will be regarded as a sample of your writing.
- Salary is $15-$18 per hour.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK/VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Biology coursework at the undergraduate level or above required; Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology coursework preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in the healthcare field may be considered in lieu of the education requirement
- At least 100 hours of work, volunteer, or shadowing experience in the healthcare field required
- Experience in a direct patient care environment preferred i.e. EMT, scribe, clinical technician in a hospital, medical assistant in a doctor’s office
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and general medical knowledge
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent listening and note-taking skills
- Detail oriented with proven ability to work effectively under conditions requiring accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm in a fast paced, at times stressful environment
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to type 55 words per minute or above, adjusted for errors
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.