Business Intelligence – Intern, Professional Services and Customer Support
eScholar Professional Services is looking for an exceptional talent to become our Business Intelligence Intern. In this role, our intern will participate in three rotations with three focus areas per rotation. Focus areas are Data Analytics, Data Integration and Customer Support.
This is a year-round Part-Time position working up to 29 hours/week.
The position reports to the Director, Client Services and will be based in our White Plains, NY offices.
White Plains, NY
- Work closely with the Technical Business Analyst (Technical BA) to understand various project requirements and deliverables
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Customer Support to develop a sound understanding of all eScholar products
- Provide technical support to eScholar customers and manage incoming support issues via eScholar’s incident management system.
- Publish eScholar Analytics content to the customer analytics portal
- Participate in functional and technical design sessions
- Use and execute test plans written
- Work with Technical BA, customers & source system experts to understand reporting needs, underlying source data and associated business rules
- Use and edit test scripts to thoroughly test the accuracy and completeness of loaded data
- Gather end-user requirements for data dissemination and reporting
- Use various applications to analyze source system data and identify data quality issues and anomalies that will need to be corrected and/or handled in ETL routines
- Using ETL tools and/or SQL, develop data extract routines from a variety of disparate data sources and conform them to the eScholar Complete Data Warehouse product format
- Develop data visualizations using a variety of applications such as Tableau, AWS Quicksight, Microsoft Power BI, and others.
- Perform various ad hoc responsibilities.
The ideal candidate has:
· Proficient in SQL
· Experience with Tableau, AWS Quicksight, Microsoft Power BI, , and others.
· Experience with version control and functional testing
· Experience with SQL Server, Postgres and Oracle
· Experience creating technical documentation
· Experience with AWS or Azure cloud-hosted applications
· Some prior experience with the education sector through internships
· Attention to detail
· Very strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently
· Proficient in MS Office
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
· Willingness and ability to learn new tools and concepts