Job Title: Marketing and Social Media Intern at Urban Farm
About Essential Earth Farm: We are a women-owned, sustainable urban farm on a journey to return humans to their symbiotic and cyclical relationship with the natural world. We’re starting from the ground up with the “essentials” to sustaining life and thriving ecosystems on our planet – Flora, Mushrooms, and Soil. Join us in our effort to make our world a little bit better by returning circularity to our food system.
Working on our Urban Farm:
- Interns will gain in-person experience and lesson-based learning in all aspects of planting, growing, maintaining a diversified sustainable microgreen & mushroom operation as well as management of marketing and social media content and communications.
- Managing social media accounts, including Instagram and Facebook, through a social media calendar
- Creating flyers, educational brochures, and marketing materials for product and event promotion
- Managing our mailing list; creating and sending bi-weekly newsletters
- Preparing for and attending farmers’ markets and community events
- Gain an understanding of daily farm operations including planting, harvesting, cleaning etc.
- Attending professional development field trips (Covid-19 pending) to learn from other farms and food-justice work going on in the Stamford area
Skills and Experience:
- Strong interest in expanding farming, food-systems and food-justice knowledge and skills
- Hard worker with the physical ability to lift 25+ lbs and kneel/crouch for extended periods of time.
- Prepared to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the farm
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with people of all ages
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humor
- Ability to learn, ask questions, take initiative, and work both with and without direct supervision
- Demonstrated commitment, reliability, punctuality, and responsible behavior
- The willingness to be a positive role model to young people working on the farm
- Agreement to follow the farm’s COVID safety procedures and precautions to keep ourselves and the community safe
- 18+ years of age
- Previous garden experience is not necessary
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Casey Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Intern” in the subject line.
Essential Earth Farm LLC
At Essential Earth Farm LLC we value all employees and job candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage everyone to apply!