The Essilor US R&D Advanced Materials & Technology team is looking for a highly motivated student to help building up a comprehensive understanding of film patterning and FDM 3D Printing technologies and their applications in ophthalmic lens products, which includes the following responsibilities:
- Review literature and generate core understanding of film patterning technologies and FDM 3D
- Printing including materials, process equipment & run conditions, and product performances.
- Execute experiments on films, laminates, printed parts, and lenses.
- Physical & optical characterizations
- Document experiments in a laboratory notebook and write summary reports
- Active student enrolled in a relevant Science or Engineering technical degree program
- Skilled in analytical instruments, such as Microscopy, Spectrophotometry, etc.
- Experience with FDM 3D printing a plus
- Hands-on knowledge of mechanical principles, such as machine operation, tooling, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Excel Macro programming is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills.
- Flexibility in work assignments and adaptability to learn new technology or processes.