FactSet creates data and software solutions for tens of thousands of investment professionals around the world. For over 40 years, through market changes and technological progress, we’ve maintained our focus on providing exceptional client service. Our product suite of smart analytics and unique data empower the world’s leading financial service professionals to make more informed decisions every day. We are a global organization, unified by a sense of inclusivity and the FactSet spirit of going above and beyond. Our philosophy is to embrace diversity, and that our best ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time. We continuously look ahead to advance the future and technology of our industry by rolling up our sleeves to solve tough problems together, and by learning from our successes, as well as our failures
FactSet’s world-class service is built on our employees’ ability to engage our clients through proactive consultation on the financial industry and FactSet’s sophisticated software and product offerings. Through the FactSet Development Program, employees quickly gain exposure to the FinTech industry, FactSet’s solutions & products, and the various functions within client-facing teams across the organization.
FactSet Associates begin their careers with comprehensive training, followed by working with clients directly through our phone and online support channels. Associates then progress through a multi-phased program where they build expertise on FactSet’s client types, products, and internal career tracks before being paired with the career destination best suited to their strengths and interests. As a FactSet Associate, you will find yourself on the front-lines of our industry-leading client support at the very outset of your career. You will work closely with our users to identify and implement solutions specific to clients’ unique workflows through FactSet’s award-winning product suite, including company research, portfolio analysis, and investment modeling. You’ll experience the autonomy and authority needed to make your mark, while contributing to the amazing work of a wider team and growing the business.
What You Can Expect When Joining the FactSet Development Program:
- A comprehensive training program that begins on your first day with FactSet and provides you with:
- Deep knowledge of our business, products, technology and clients
- Refined ability to communicate with impact in person and over the phone to both internal and external audiences
- Ways to build truly collaborative and consultative partnerships where effective questions and conversation will help to gather information, uncover needs, and create new solutions
- Techniques to identify new opportunities and solutions that are specific to our client workflows and open new business for FactSet
- A professional network with internal stakeholders and industry professionals
- Support from your manager and teammates and mentorship opportunities from firm leadership
- Open lines of communication that foster collaboration
- An emphasis on continuous learning and professional development
- A solid foundation on which you can build a long term career in Client Solutions, Product Development or Sales
- An environment that champions inclusion, diversity, social responsibility, and employee wellness through Business Resource Groups and other channels
At the conclusion of the six-month development program, FactSet Associates will be well equipped to transition into opportunities across our Client Solutions teams.
Our Client Solutions teams partner closely with our clients to consult and optimize on enterprise and unique client workflows through FactSet’s product suite including company and market research, portfolio analysis and investment modeling.
No matter the route, the FactSet Development Program will provide opportunities to explore interests and build on strategic skills that can pave the way for promotions up and across the organization. FDP is designed with intention to provide a wide range of exposure, serving as the foundation for a successful and fulfilling long-term career at FactSet.
For all roles, we consider candidates with a strong interest in Finance and FinTech from any major. Above all, we look for candidates with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills who are excited to work with clients.
- Experience or desire to be client facing or in a sales role
- Proficiency at learning and using new technology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Ability to build relationships and a proven ability to work on teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-2 years of industry experience
At FactSet, we celebrate diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. We are committed to disrupting bias and conducting a transparent hiring process. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. FactSet participates in E-Verify.