• Utilizes proper account structure, rules, and accounting theory to maintain GL/Standard General Ledger (SGL) trial balances and related procedures.
• Communicates effectively orally and in writing in explaining accounting and system matters.
• Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, governmental accounting principles, accounting theory and accounting techniques as a basis for entering less complex transactions into the financial system and retrieving data.
• Understanding of the basic operational guidelines pertaining to the SGL and relevant practices. And basic knowledge of less complex reconciliation procedures.
• Understanding of budget execution processes that support the Financial Plan and funds control.
• Knowledge of various software applications, such as spreadsheets, to prepare worksheets and other reports used in completing assignments.
• Ability to follow regulations and current standards, adjust journal entries and utilize accounting rules.
• Performs complete range of professional accounting work as it pertains to classifying, recording, reporting and reconciling accounting information. Utilizes accounting rules for entering data into the system.
• Performs analysis and reconciliations to determine the accuracy, relevancy, and timeliness of data maintained in the General Ledger (GL). Conducts liaison regarding accounting, financial, and system matters.
• Understanding of the operation and application of accounting rules.
• Ability to conduct liaison regarding accounting and system matters.
GS 7: $48,690 – $63,267
GS 9: $59,534 – $77,396
*Grade qualifications will be determined by FBI’s Human Resources Division based upon education and experience requirements.